11.6.09

a conversation (from your side).

There is that poem, who is it by? Oh, whatever. You know, the one that says something like, "To wish love upon a friend is the most fucked up thing...". Do you know it? I'd never wish that upon you. There was that time, you know the one... We were what, 15, 16? I bet you weren't wearing a jacket. Ants in a line, that's what it was like, with the ones that got fucked by the spray. You know, the kind that kills their hearts and brains and bodies? We were there, holding it together. The rest of the world was collapsing and you and I were determined to save it all. I was determined for you. Fuck, everyone wanted to be you, everyone wanted to love you, but you picked me. Didn't you know my heart was breaking then? That this collapse of lungs and lack of oxygen wasn't just them? You knew I loved you -- didn't you. (A statement that hung heavy in the air).

No comments:

Post a Comment